Thriving in the Kitchen

Curried Chickpeas and Other Delicious

I’d had this idea in my head since Lindsay blogged about curried chickpeas over rice the other day. So I finally broke down and made it. Added bonus: It inspired me to pull out an old cookbook that, as it so happens, is FULL of awesome recipes that are easily adpated to Vegan eating. If you haven’t heard about him, check out John Berardi (another yummy Canadian) and his gorgeous cookbook, Gourmet Nutrition.

Anyways - the recipe. I played with it a little, so here’s the general breakdown

1/2 Onion (small dice)

3 heads Baby Bok Choi (chopped)

2 cups Cauliflower (small-ish dice)

3 cloves Garlic (minced)

1tbsp Ginger (grated)

1/2c Coconut Milk (stirred well)

1-3tsp Curry Powder (to taste)

1 can Chick Peas (drained and rinsed)

Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Sautee the onion until translucent. Add in bok choi and cauliflower and sautee 2-3min. Add 1tbsp coconut milk, garlic, ginger and curry powder. Stir and simmer 2-3min. Add in remaining coconut milk and chick peas. Stir to combine and simmer until heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings. Enjoy!

You can sub in/out any veggies you like. I had this on some quinoa, and it was delicious. I think I might add some carrots next time, too.

I’ve also tried Brendan’s Almond burgers - delish! Though my poor food processor had a bit of a hard time. And the Apple Cinnamon Energy Bars - they’re tasty, but still very soft, so I’m going to try a different recipe and play around with it a little. Might even stick them in the dehydrator to make them crunchy…. hmm.

Namaste, and happy eating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment