Day 11: Totally Thriving!

Not sure if we’re out of the woods yet, but today was definitely a turning point. I still feel like my life has been put in a blender with the lid left off, but I’m working towards seeing the vega-green ceiling splatter as art, not mess now.

Taught two classes today, and it felt great. It is so nice to share space and practice with really motivated people. Thanks Lauren for letting me borrow your students for the day, they rocked!

Finally got to the Thrive Juice Bar - wow! Met the owner and the Thai Avocado Smoothie as Jonnie recommended, and it was delicious. Lasted me through my second class and the whole drive home.

I have come to a few awesome conclusions recently, which have inspired a few awesome decisions. Big decisions. It feels so good to have things settled. I have a goal, now all I have to do is get my feet pointed in the right direction and start moving. Possibly easier said than done, but still so doable.

Thrive: I am back on board with this challenge. I had a little glitch last night - went to Thai Sun and had the Veg Pad Thai - oh so good, and felt oh so rotten. I could have picked out the tofu to stick with my no soy, but decided to let it slide for the sake of protein (lame excuse, but my legs are STILL sore… something had to give). Not sure what the crappy feeling can be blamed on, likely a multitude of things, but my fingers are pointing full force at stress. Surprise.

Today: two smoothies, some raw cashews and almonds, a mango, a liter and a half of water, and my beloved Sport Optimizer later - I’m feeling great. Can’t wait to go home and test out a spin on the Almond Flax Burger - they are soooo good!

Keep thriving! If it all seems a little much - start small. Maybe try a smoothie for a snack or breakfast tomorrow. Or give Michael Pollan’s stance a try - vegan before 6pm. Or maybe just take note of how close to nature the food you’re eating really is. Its eye-opening to say the least. Rock on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment