Yoga Honeymoon: Day 4

I don’t have much to say tonight, so I’m not going to waste your time with pointless rambling. Practice today was great. I got up ready to go, and rekindled my love with those seemingly endless salutations. As I worked through them today, rather than getting more tired I got more fired up for the rest of my practice. What started as “maybe I’ll just do 5 of each and a seated meditation before savasana” turned into the full primary, a seated meditation and savasana.

I took my ‘not having a plan’ attitude (and a dose of the Vega Sport Optimizer) to the gym with me again today, and wound up setting a personal best for squats at 120lbs. Might not mean anything to you (or you might just think I’m crazy), but the real point is that by taking away the plan and the restrictions I was able to go way further than I thought. By simply not having a pre-determined foot path to follow I was able to take leaps and bounds instead.

This not having a plan thing is kinda fun once you wrap your head around it. If you’re up for it, give it a try sometime this weekend - but if you’re taking this mantra to the gym I might recommend leaving the Vega behind. You’ll be a little less sorry tomorrow if you do.

Rock on and Namaste!

0 comments:

Post a Comment