Yoga Honeymoon: Day 2

If we keep going with the analogy, today is the day I woke up to find out yoga snores, the airline lost our luggage, and the hotel is going into construction right next to our room. Needless to say - less than a fabulous start. The chattering monkeys were at their best today - arguing, negotiating, complaining at every breath. I thought of giving up a couple times, but played the “just” trick instead. Lets “just” do the standing series and see how it goes. Lets “just” do the next posture and see how we feel. And “just” like that I got through the series. Again - not one of the most enlightening practices, but as always I’m glad I rocked it.

I should also note how GREAT it feels to take savasana. I tend not to take it when I teach, and I haven’t been in class nearly enough lately so it’s been missing for a while. It felt really good to take a couple minutes (or closer to ten) to practice just being. I really recommend giving it a try, even if you don’t regularly (or ever) practice yoga. Lay down on your back with your feet about hip width apart, lay your arms at your sides, palms facing up and close your eyes. Take your attention to your breath and really try to let your mind quiet down. You don’t have to stay for long, but try for about 5-10 minutes.

Let me know how it goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment