Today, I listened

I got on my mat to show it some non-teaching love, and while dumb brain was saying “go for the full primary. Nevermind your aching and occasionally swollen wrists. Don’t worry about that wrenching pain in your low-back. Quit being a baby, your ankles are fine.” Smart brain had other thoughts. “Sit in child, then see how you feel. You’re hurting everywhere, take it easy. When was the last time you took savasana? Yeah, thought so. Now lay back, close your eyes and shut up.” Today, I listened. I sat in child for close to 20min, letting my back ease up a little, my wrists relax, and my head to unwind from the tightly coiled knot it’s worked itself into over the last few days.

Today, I also listened to Tool while I was teaching my super awesome (and growing!) gentle class. I was reminded yet again of just how incredible it is that I can call this my job.

What did you listen to today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment