FOCtober, my love.

Basking in the glory of the last hour of my first day of 23, I can’t help but think back. It’s been a crazy ride for all 276 months of this journey. Plenty of collisions, slow downs, detours, and unexpected bumps in the road all matched with incredible views, wicked adventures, and a whole lot of growing (more up than out).

22 was a bumpy year. Enough so that I’m tempted to declare it an epic fail of a year. Something’s stopping me from doing that, though. Possibly that “smart brain” voice in the back of my head (stupid know it all brat), telling me it’s been a year of planting seeds, pulling out weeds, and getting things organized for a wicked 23. And oh how I’m hoping SmartBrain is right on this one.

A quick recap of 22 shows

  • I got certified to rock the mat
  • I lost my Grandpa
  • I saw some of the most breath taking sights in Argentina
  • I ended a very destructive 5-yr relationship
  • I became an aunt
  • I spent a lot of time figuring out what being alone means
  • I finally finished school and got my degree
  • I made a career decision that lets me do what I love
  • I bought a car, got my own apartment, and picked out a shower curtain
  • I went to England
  • I cried. A lot.
  • I rocked the mat, went vegan, gave up coffee, sex, and chocolate
  • I laughed. More than I have in ages.
  • I met some incredible people.

And with that, it’s over. On to the next. Raus.

I have no idea what 23 has in store, but I have to say, I’m excited to put 22 behind me and move forward. With that, I am declaring this month of FOCtober as an “I love me” month. The challenge is simple, to simply do something conciously that I know is good for me every day. To make an effort of ending those “I know I shouldn’t, but…” arguments. As someone has told me a few times this year, ‘give yourself some credit.’

Bring it, 23.

0 comments:

Post a Comment