Pimpin' ain't easy

I got stood up for my second job interview in two weeks today. It wasn’t a teaching job, but one I’d applied for to fill in the cracks in income and hours in my day. As frustrating as it was to wait around for this lady never to show, I couldn’t help but smile. Just before heading to this interview, I’d heard from two more coaches interested in setting up classes for their teams. When I got home, I had emails from two more.

Since making the decisions I have with my career, relationships, and life in general, I have been putting myself out on the line a whole lot more than I ever have. In return, I’ve heard “no” more often than an untrained puppy, I’ve been let down more than a shampoo model’s shiny hair, and I’ve become quite proficient at picking myself right back up. Yeah, it sucks sometimes. Sure, there are days when I want to sit there in a heap of pouts, but that’s not going to get me anywhere.

As for jobs - as I told a friend today when discussing the possibility of joining one of those big evil corporations - I’m pretty happy whoring myself out, so maybe I won’t be looking for a pimp afterall. I just need to start making ends meet and hoping someone doesn’t keep moving the ends on me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment