Ahimsa

In honor of our very favorite JP and the grand opening of his new studio Ahimsa in Toronto, todays post is on Ahimsa (or non-harming). I won’t go into much detail about Ahimsa tonight as I want to keep this post light (I’m suffering from a bit of tech-overdose that might result in an Oktoberfest-sized hangover this weekend). We’ve discussed it before in the 30-day challenge and elsewhere, so do a quick search and you can come up with lots of great insight into ahimsa and what it means.

For today, lets get physical and personal.

1. What is your most ridiculous injury? Just a few days ago, I stepped on a metal cat brush and now have a wicked scratch and blood pattern across the sole of my foot.

2. What is your most memorable/stupid/interesting scar? I have a 7-inch scar running up my left shin from my razor breaking. Didn’t hurt but it bled like crazy and looked pretty gory while it healed up.

3. How do you cope with pain (physical or emotional)? I hold my breath, fidget like an ADHD kid on speed, and swear like a sailor.

Practice a little Ahimsa this weekend, and if you can make it to TO, practice AT Ahimsa this weekend, too!

Rock on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment