Venting on Vices

A little over a month ago, I made a list of my vices.

Sugar
Smoking
Taken boys
Multiple boys
Mindless eating
Procrastinating
Thinking I don't count

After the last few months of 30-day challenges and plenty of soul searching - here's where I stand with these.

Sugar: My love affair with M&Ms (and all other junk) has come to an end. I am, instead, rekindling my relationship with running shoes.

Smoking: I have been an on and off smoker for years. Yep. True story. And now - no more. EVER. 25 days clean, and its staying that way.

Taken boys: I am DONE being the other girl. Its not good from any side of the coin, no matter how you flip it. Yeah, sure, its fun for a while... maybe. But eventually, it all ends the same and no one wins. Lesson learned - repeatedly - and again - no more. Its time to bite the bullet and say those awful words I never thought I'd say... I can do better than this.

Multiple boys: I draw a pretty big blank on a lot of things dealing with 'conventional' dating (see above). Part of this is my lack of strict lines between friends and more than friends. This, as I'm sure you can imagine, occasionally leads to trouble. I'm working on it.

Mindless eating: I thought I'd get this one fixed with the Thrive! challenge. Not so much. Instead I managed to take my issues with food and make them infinitely worse. This has since led to even more eating issues that I am currently working through. I'm now thinking that challenges of any sort involving food are NOT a good idea.

Procrastinating: surprise! As for this one - its a work in progress.

Thinking I don't count: This little sucker has been my downfall for... well, as long as I can remember. I've always been some freak exception to the rule. And you know what - enough. I do count. I deserve better than crappy junk food or smoking because I'm in a funk. I'm no different than anyone else I harp on about proper eating and not smoking - so why am I not listening to my own advice? I can do better than taken or multiple boys. I deserve a boy all to myself. And if I can't find one, then I deserve to be happy all by myself. I count and my opinions and actions matter, so its about freaking time I made them worth something.

Namaste.

1 comments:

I don't know what your literary preferences are, but may I suggest to you the author Jacqueline Carey? The first book is called Kushiel's Dart. You might be interested in one of the precepts, Love as Thou Wilt.

If you decide to look into it, I hope you enjoy it.

- Yoga Student

Post a Comment