July 1: Day 1 - again!

I have made a commitment to start living a little more honestly. To “live my truth” as a good friend said. In order to do this, I have started making lists of “truths” as they surface day to day (you can find the past few days here). Its a bit of an experiment in self-discovery while I try to work through this outer layer of complacent political correctness I seem to have grown since moving to Southern Ontario. I may be Canadian born, but I am also Argentine raised and American trained, and with that comes a healthy dose of brutal honesty I am eager to get back. What better way to start than with myself? So here goes nothing.

  • “You reap what you sow, you know” - Mom.
  • I am surrounded by some of the most amazing people in the world.
  • I WILL be happy.
  • You are what you eat. You are what you think, too.
  • Bad days are completely optional. Occassionally necessary, but still completely optional.
  • Be a dimmer, not a light switch. Damnit. Be a dimmer, not a light switch. Be a dimmer, not a light switch. Be a dimmer, not a light switch. I will get this.
  • LIFT. Life is fucking tough. So I lift to stay stronger, run to stay faster, and bend to stay more flexible than anything it can throw my way. Best part: its not just phyiscal, but mental, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment