Habits

So I forgot to blog again yesterday. Seems if I say I'll do it in the evening, or just later in the day, it doesn't happen. Best to do it right after practice so its fresh, and done. The buddy system has been working out really well for me. Its been great to have someone to hold me accountable, and to hold accountable for these mornings. Its not that I don't want to get on my mat (well, usually), its more the climbing out of a warm bed that gets me stuck.

Today was no exception. I was sore from head to toe and cranky from my head running all night. My mind was somewhere else, and meditating on infinity just wasn't sounding so enchanting. As my partner in crime said "Hey now, I've gotta be real. Life isn't always peachy and zen." As I was really struggling today, those words sort of stuck with me. Not every practice will be beautiful, graceful, and effortless. But I can't let a few mind blocks hang me up completely. Yoga is "99% Practice, 1% Theory" - Pattabhi Jois. So today, I practiced. I practiced getting shit OUT of my head and OFF my mat. I can deal with it later, or maybe it really isn't that important, and I won't deal with it at all.

Oh, this yoga thing is so much more than just moving arms and legs around. More on this later.

2 comments:

Sweet! It worked :)
Thanks for the shoutout in the blog. Glad I could be of assistance. :D I'm sure I'll need you too in the coming weeks.

Post a Comment