Day 35, 36 and 37

I had this whole post typed up yesterday. A sort of grumpy one, but it ended on a happy note. Aaaandddd the blog ate it. So… I’m taking it as a sign. No one needed to read my pout. Long story short. Shitty practice yesterday morning because my mat decided to betray its “sticky” title and become a skating rink. So after my class I skipped over to Lulu and after talking with the surfer-cool sales guy, I would like to welcome The Mat into my practice. So far, I’m loving it - despite it weighing possibly more than me.

Today was amazing! I went up to Waterloo to practice with Kristina for her last day. It was so great to share a space again, and three of us ended up pretty well in sync for the whole practice, which was kinda cool. Since most of my practices are at home, I really love the odd chances to practice with other people (outside of a class setting). I also took advantage of having mirrors around to reconcile any differences between my imagined alignment and what it actually was. It also gave me a chance to play around with plank and trikonasana - two postures that have eluded me for a while.

Like everyone else it seems, this challenge has really shaken this things up, both in my practice and in life. I’m still feeling like I’m sitting in a big pile of former-self rubble, and right now its dusty, dirty, and messy. But it needed to happen. I’d gotten lost in other people’s expectations of me coupled with my own insecurities. Its all being stripped right back down to the foundation now, getting ready to start over. Turns out there’s a really strong girl there who doesn’t take crap from anyone. She’s back now. So this time, I’m rebuilding with intention, strength and determination.

Namaste!

0 comments:

Post a Comment