Restorative

Yoga today was an adventure. A fairly random chain of events led me to take a restorative yoga class at a new, struggling studio. I was a bit hesitant at first, digging up old excuses of being tired, it being late, you name it. But I did it anyways, and I'm so glad I did! It was a great chance to leap out of my comfort zone, and to just practice without looking for cues I could steal or interesting transitions. I was just there on my mat. I have to be honest though, there were times when my little YTT know-it-all would creep in and have a few words to say about teaching style or postures, etc, but I did my best to keep her distracted.

As a class, it was great. Very mellow, a big change from the typical Ashtanga style. The best way I could describe it would be a short slow-moving posture series followed by a sequence of postured sivasanas.

I will not have a personal practice today, because I put it off all day. I am intentionally not staying up to do it, to learn from it. I now have to hit every day until next week to meet my 6/week goal. I'm hoping this will start to get me into the habit of getting things done NOW, rather than continually leaving them for "later." I'm thinking morning practice might be better, it's such a great way to face the day, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment