First steps

I stayed with my breath through nearly the whole practice. Its amazing how different it feels to move with the breath, letting each inhale and exhale dictate the next movement. I still struggle during Surya B to get from forward fold to the floor and more so from updog to warrior A in a single exhale. I just run out of air. I'm working through it, for the whole practice, lengthening the exhale and inhale to allow for more time.

I did notice, however, that my breath is getting significantly longer than what it used to be. Was in a Hatha class today and found myself counting 3 breaths to their 5. It was new, since I'm usually counting 7, 8 or 9 to the Ashtangi's 5.

Didn't make it through the full primary, I ran out of time, but I did go through the whole standing series, and only picked out a few of the seated and finishing to skip. I can't wait to regularly be able to do either the full or half-vinyasa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment