catching up and checking in

If you don't like how things are, change it! You are not a tree! -Jim Rohn

A collection of thoughts I don't really have the attention span or mental capacity to expand much beyond what is here.

I owe a BVI post or two.

I don't want to be called "child like" ever again. But does that mean I change who I am to avoid it, or should I ignore it and keep being me? Where does that line get drawn between being myself and being childish. Maybe I should find out what makes me "child like".

I should eat better.

I am banishing "should" from my vocabulary - I either will or will not - there is no should.

I WILL eat better.

I WILL train hard.

I love my cat. His insatiable need for love when I come home from work melts my heart every time.

I have to learn to trust and let go.

I want to do something for myself this semester, I'm just not sure what yet. I hope it doesn't cost much. My graduation present to myself will be paying off my loans in one shot (I hope!)

I'm a tough cookie. I'm only a wimp when I'm allowed to be.

I've been in a fog. Not sure if I need more sleep to clear it, or less sleep and more coffee to reach that state of autopilot I lived in for so long. It brings a strange sort of clarity.

I've never been happier or felt more myself than when I lived virtually alone, didn't eat, didn't really sleep, worked out every day, spoke my mind, and kicked ass in school. I know I wasn't healthy, but I did feel happy.

I am going to make some friends. People can't all be that scary.

For the record - the water really is *that* blue, just like in the pictures. Check it out:
Truth: the picture hardly does it justice. And yes, that is a phone booth on the end of the dock.

1 comments:

People aren't all that scary.

I love your cat because your cat loves you.

Coffee clears some fog, sleep clears other fog-- just in case, go ahead and increase both :)

Post a Comment